Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tom Thomson where are you?


I've been reading a fair about Tom Thomson's life and about the group of seven activities during 1918-1928. I went to visit the historic Studio Building last week on Severn street.

It's the building Harris had commissioned in which the group painted regularly. Tom's cabin which was originally near to the building, was moved to the grounds of the McMichael Gallery in Kleinberg The front windows of the building have been changed.

It would be nice to work in the building while working on this show for the spring. Perhaps I'll investigate space availability.

4 comments:

Kira said...

I'm not really an artist. I took a year's worth of classes in college, and loved it. I've since graduated, but last year I grabbed some paint, bought a canvas and started dripping and throwing. Now I'm kind of dabbling in abstract art. I lovelovelovelove your pieces. I think they're beautiful. I really respond to colors and these paintings are effervescent and beautiful, and I knew what it was before reading about it. When I look at some of them, I hear noises of the city.

I just wanted to share.

Tris said...

Hi James,

I would like to email you about a possible project. Please could I have your email address.

Thanks,

Tris
Tristran@theworkssydney.com

Unknown said...

Hello i really like your work...I was google art for inspiration on a piece I am working on and came across you. Do you still blog here or not so much anymore?

Amy

Unknown said...

Hello i really like your work...I was google art for inspiration on a piece I am working on and came across you. Do you still blog here or not so much anymore?

Amy